Cybersecurity is easily one the most talked about issues impacting businesses. And it’s not just large enterprises or the government. Midmarket companies are just as much at risk as large enterprises yet have significantly fewer resources. EiQ believes that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program.
About the team
The Inside Sales team is focused on acquiring new customers and driving top line revenue. The team connects with IT executives and professionals within the target market to learn about current cybersecurity practices within the organization, uncover potential challenges or inefficiencies and addresses how we help continuously protect our customers providing affordable, best-of-breed hybrid security-as-a-service solutions.
About the Role
The Business Development Representative is on the front line of EiQ’s mission to ensure organizations of all sizes have access to cybersecurity protection. You will support your designated territory with outbound efforts to generate interest in EiQ’s hybrid security-as-a-service solutions. As the initial point of contact, you will learn about the prospects current practices and assess if EiQ can help with any challenges or problems.
This position is an excellent entry to software sales with an accelerated path of career advancement for top performers. Training and coaching by management and more experienced members of the team will be provided with expectations you will show initiative, take on responsibility, and learn from the resources provided.
• Work with the Inside Sales Representatives and Sales Management to develop targeted outreach campaigns
• Accountable for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities through high volume outbound cold-calling activity
• Become adept at challenging a prospect’s objections and existing business practices. Customize introduction of EiQ services based on information gathered
• Stay informed of IT security compliance and regulatory changes that impact our target customers and their urgency to buy
• Meet or exceed goals for qualified prospects by managing activity in accordance with the key performance indicators
• Communication: Presents one’s self well; Articulate; Concise; Writing is business like, uses correct grammar, spelling, conveys intended message
• Listening: Builds rapport quickly, takes cues, relates, asks questions to better understand
• Problem solving: Ability to think logically and analytically, utilizing resources with focus on results/solution
• Bachelor’s degree (courses in Business, Finance, or Computer Science helpful)
• Disciplined and accountable. Takes initiative, responsible for actions and behaviors
• Intellectually curious, asks questions
• Coachable, seeks feedback and practices/prepares to improve
• Hungry and Competitive, will work hard and fight to reach goals, challenge yourself and others